"Stern Recruiting & Consulting For The Entire Nation"
Our History --
In early 1997, Max W. Mitchell, entrepreneur and owner of a software development firm, researched opening a new corporation specializing in healthcare recruiting. Max approached a former employee of his with the idea of working together to create a company that would help people be happier in their lives, help employers fill needed positions, and be profitable, too. With the prestige of the company name and the title of President, she agreed. Max incorporated the company in August of 1997, and the East Coast office was born.
Early on it became apparent that a West Coast office was needed to handle the West Coast time zones. In August of 2001, a second office was opened in Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada. Maureen Wylie was the first employee hired for the new office. Today Maureen is Senior Vice President of the corporation and is a highly respected recruiter for Mitchell, Stern & Associates, Inc. (d.b.a., Stern & Associates, Inc.).
In October of 2006, Max's business partner decided she wanted a change in her life and she asked Max to buy her interest in the company. The buyout was finalized in February of 2007. Max is the current President and CEO of the corporation.
Stern & Associates, Inc. initially specialized in the recruiting of Health Information Management positions with acute care hospitals throughout the United States. In April of 2002, the company expanded their focus to include Nursing Leadership positions (Vice Presidents and Directors of Quality Management, Case Management, Risk Management, Infection Control, and others) and subsequently Healthcare Executive positions in acute care hospitals (Vice Presidents and Directors of Revenue Cycle, Information Technology, Patient Financial Services, Human Resources, Materials Management, Social Work, and others).
Today Stern & Associates, Inc. is stronger than ever with a solid, experienced staff. They have now worked with over 3,000 hospitals scattered throughout the country, and they are a preferred vendor with over two dozen hospital systems. During the past fourteen years, they have also built up a database of over 40,000 active candidates who are happily employed, however, are open to hear about advancement opportunities.
Our Philosophy --
- People come first.
- Our word is our bond -- we are reliable.
- We are Serious about Service.
- We want to be the best.
- We are assertive; we are doers; we work hard.
Clients and Candidates --
- Clients and Candidates are not dependent on us. We are dependent on them.
- Clients and Candidates are not an interruption of our work. They are the purpose of
- We are not
doing Clients and Candidates a favor by serving them. They are doing us a favor by
us the opportunity.
- Clients and Candidates are our passport to success. Without them we cannot get there.
- We tell the TRUTH to each other and to our clients and candidates.
- Truth is the whole story, not just part of it.
- We do not stretch the truth, bend the truth, or avoid the truth.
- We do not get upset when others express their feelings.
- We say it like it is. Always.
- We will not lie or exaggerate. Credibility is one of our valuable assets!!!
- Enthusiasm is the greatest business asset in the world. It beats money,
power and influence.
- Enthusiasm tramples over opposition, storms its objectives, and overwhelms
- Enthusiasm is Faith-in-Action - faith to remove barriers and achieve
- Enthusiasm is contagious. We carry it in our attitude and manner. It
will increase productivity, and it will bring joy and satisfaction to
- Enthusiasm brings results!
Two Office Locations For Your Time Zone Convenience
Corporate Office (888) 676-1997
3914 U.S. Hwy. 301 N., Suite 700 | Tampa, Florida 33619 USA
West Coast Office (800) 676-3514
Four Divisions Of Recruiting Expertise
- Healthcare Executives & Senior Leadership
- Health Information Management
- Nursing Leadership
- Finance & Revenue Cycle